Important note from the Organizers
in the light of the global crisis and many difficulties caused by the Covid-19 pandemic we decided to reshedule the meeting to December 1 and 2, 2020, in Portorož, Slovenia. The workshop will be held in the Congress Centre Bernardin. We sincerely hope that the global situation will improve over time to permit us to host the meeting and that we will enjoy the WBIR2020 together.
You are invited to check the preliminary workshop program that will include both oral and poster presentations, exciting keynote lectures, all with ample opportunities for discussion. All accepted full papers were submitted to Springer for production of LNCS proceedings and we expect them to be published in mid June 2020 as originally planned.
Early-bird registration is by September 20, 2020. If you have already paid your WBIR2020 registration fee and intend to attend the rescheduled meeting, your payment and registration remain valid. We would nevertheless advise against early purchase of tickets without cancellation insurance.
We are looking forward to meeting you in Portorož, stay well and healthy,
Follow our news and stay up to date with the latest developments:
- Monday, May 18, 2020We decided to reshedule the meeting to December 1 and 2, 2020, in Portorož, Slovenia.
- Monday, May 18, 2020Submission of one-page abstracts re-opened until August 7, 2020!
- Monday, Mar 2, 2020Professor Mattias Heinrich will give a keynote about image registration with deep learning!
Professor Mattias Heinrich from Institute of Medical Informatics at the University of Lübeck will talk about how to make deep learning work in medical image registration, current advances, pitfalls and remaining challenges. Find more info in the program.
- Tuesday, Feb 18, 2020Professor Seb Ourselin will give a keynote about translating medical imaging into the real-world!
Professor Seb Ourselin from King's College London will give a keynote about translating medical imaging into the real world. Find more info in the program.
- Thursday, Dec 19, 2019The COMULIS COST action will consider applications for travel grants from WBIR2020 participants!
Should you require more information, please do not hesitate to contact us through:
The WBIR2020 is a special session at the EMBEC2020 conference.
EMBEC2020, November 29 - December 3, 2020
- EMBEC 2020, the 8th European Medical and Biological Engineering Conference, is organized by the Slovenian Society for Medical and Biological Engineering.
- Program of EMBEC2020 consists of several special sessions, which cover traditional areas of biomedical engineering as well as new and emerging fields, such as artificial intelligence in health care, tissue engineering, bioinformatics, neurotechnology, electroporation-based treatments, biomedical imaging and analysis, and technologies for medicine and biology.
- Welcome to attend the EMBEC2020 and participate in all of its special sessions, including WBIR2020. See the call for papers and short abstracts.
- Note: the WBIR2020 has its own submission system and guidelines, while other special sessions at EMBEC2020 share a common submission system and guidelines.
Aims & Scope
The scientific program of WBIR 2020 is in your hands.
We invite submissions in all areas of biomedical image registration.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Novel registration methodology
- 2D/3D/4D, spatiotemporal/dynamic, pairwise / groupwise, slice-to-volume, projective, single/multi-modal, intra/inter-subject, model-based, patch-based, multi-channel, tracking
- Mathematical aspects of image registration
- continuous/discrete optimization, real-time, similarity measures, diffeomorphisms, LDDMM, stationary velocity, inverse consistency, multi-scale
- Machine learning and deep learning techniques for registration
- unsupervised / supervised / reinforcement learning, convolutional / recurrent / transformer networks, neural networks for feature extraction and matching, correspondence weighting and prediction, attention modeling, deformation learning, deep encoder-decoder networks
- Biomedical applications of registration
- computer-assisted interventions, image-guided therapy, treatment planning/delivery, diagnosis/prognosis, atlas-based segmentation, label fusion, histopathology correlation, serial studies, pathology detection and localization, morphometry, biomechanics, image retrieval/restoration/fusion, imaging biomarkers for precision medicine, radiomics & radiogenomics, early proofs of concept
- Validation of registration
- quantitative and qualitative methods, benchmarking, comparison studies, phantom studies, correlation to outcome, validation protocols and performance metrics, uncertainty estimation
All accepted full paper submissions will be published as a volume in the Springer's Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS).
Preceding editions of WBIR have been running mostly standalone as 2-day workshops:
- WBIR 1999
- 1st International Workshop on Biomedical Image Registration
Aug 30-31, 1999, Bled, Slovenia (Pernuš F, Kovačič S, Stiehl HS, Viergever MA)
Preface and Table of Contents
- WBIR 2003
- 2nd International Workshop on Biomedical Image Registration
June 23-24, 2003, Philadelphia, PA, USA (Gee JC, Maintz JBA, Vannier MW)
Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), vol. 2717
- WBIR 2006
- 3rd International Workshop on Biomedical Image Registration
July 9-11, 2006, Utrecht, The Netherlands (Pluim JPW, Likar B, Gerritsen FA)
Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), vol. 4057
- WBIR 2010
- 4th International Workshop on Biomedical Image Registration
July 11-13, 2010, Lübeck, Germany (Fischer B, Dawant BM, Lorenz C)
Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), vol. 6204
- WBIR 2012
- 5th International Workshop on Biomedical Image Registration
July 7-8, 2012, Nashville, TN, USA (Dawant BM, Christensen GE, Fitzpatrick JM, Rueckert D)
Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), vol. 7359
- WBIR 2014
- 6th International Workshop on Biomedical Image Registration
July 7-8, 2014, London, UK (Ourselin S, Modat M)
Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), vol. 8545
- WBIR 2016
- 7th International Workshop on Biomedical Image Registration
(in conjunction with the IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, CVPR)
July 1, 2016, Las Vegas, NV, USA (Schnabel JA, Mori K, Glocker B, Heinrich M)
- WBIR 2018
- 8th International Workshop on Biomedical Image Registration
June 28-29, 2018, Leiden, The Netherlands (Klein S, Staring M, Durrleman S, Sommer SH)
Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), vol. 10883
- WBIR 2020
- 9th International Workshop on Biomedical Image Registration
We hope to see you at the latest edition of WBIR!