Come, share, enjoy!
we welcome you to Portorož, Slovenia, for the 9th International Workshop on Biomedical Image Registration, WBIR2020! The workshop will be held in the Congress Centre Bernardin in Portorož, on 16 and 17 June, 2020.
The workshop brings together leading researchers in the area of biomedical image registration to present and discuss recent developments in the field, including methodological innovations and advances in the performance and validation on existing and novel applications. The workshop will include both oral and poster presentations, exciting keynote lectures, all with ample opportunities for discussion.
At the social events you will enjoy the warm and relaxing Adriatic seaside along with authentic Mediterranean cuisine and excellent drinks.
We are looking forward to meeting you in Portorož,
Follow our news and stay up to date with the latest developments:
- Thursday, Nov 21, 2019Best paper award will be presented at WBIR2020!
We are excited to announce that a Best paper award will be presented at WBIR 2020.
- Monday, Nov 18, 2019Program committee members confirmed.
The 29 confirmed PC members have a strong scientific background in image registration and will ensure a thorough paper review and evaluation. See the PC member list here.
- Monday, Oct 7, 2019First call for papers is out to reach you.
The first call for WBIR 2020 papers is online here. Please submit your papers by January 10, 2020!
- Friday, Sep 27, 2019MICCAI Society has endorsed the WBIR 2020!
We are happy to announce and acknowledge the WBIR 2020 endorsement by the MICCAI Society.
- Thursday, Sep 26, 2019Springer confirmed LNCS proceedings for WBIR 2020!
Springer has accepted the proposal to publish the WBIR 2020 full papers as LNCS proceedings. See forthcoming LNCS proceedings here.
Should you require more information, please do not hesitate to contact us through:
Aims & Scope
The scientific program of WBIR 2020 is in your hands.
We invite submissions in all areas of biomedical image registration.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Novel registration methodology
- 2D/3D/4D, spatiotemporal/dynamic, pairwise / groupwise, slice-to-volume, projective, single/multi-modal, intra/inter-subject, model-based, patch-based, multi-channel, tracking
- Mathematical aspects of image registration
- continuous/discrete optimization, real-time, similarity measures, diffeomorphisms, LDDMM, stationary velocity, inverse consistency, multi-scale
- Machine learning and deep learning techniques for registration
- unsupervised / supervised / reinforcement learning, convolutional / recurrent / transformer networks, neural networks for feature extraction and matching, correspondence weighting and prediction, attention modeling, deformation learning, deep encoder-decoder networks
- Biomedical applications of registration
- computer-assisted interventions, image-guided therapy, treatment planning/delivery, diagnosis/prognosis, atlas-based segmentation, label fusion, histopathology correlation, serial studies, pathology detection and localization, morphometry, biomechanics, image retrieval/restoration/fusion, imaging biomarkers for precision medicine, radiomics & radiogenomics, early proofs of concept
- Validation of registration
- quantitative and qualitative methods, benchmarking, comparison studies, phantom studies, correlation to outcome, validation protocols and performance metrics, uncertainty estimation
All accepted full paper submissions will be published as a volume in the Springer's Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS).
Preceding editions of WBIR have been running mostly standalone as 2-day workshops:
- WBIR 1999
- 1st International Workshop on Biomedical Image Registration
Aug 30-31, 1999, Bled, Slovenia (Pernuš F, Kovačič S, Stiehl HS, Viergever MA)
Preface and Table of Contents
- WBIR 2003
- 2nd International Workshop on Biomedical Image Registration
June 23-24, 2003, Philadelphia, PA, USA (Gee JC, Maintz JBA, Vannier MW)
Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), vol. 2717
- WBIR 2006
- 3rd International Workshop on Biomedical Image Registration
July 9-11, 2006, Utrecht, The Netherlands (Pluim JPW, Likar B, Gerritsen FA)
Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), vol. 4057
- WBIR 2010
- 4th International Workshop on Biomedical Image Registration
July 11-13, 2010, Lübeck, Germany (Fischer B, Dawant BM, Lorenz C)
Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), vol. 6204
- WBIR 2012
- 5th International Workshop on Biomedical Image Registration
July 7-8, 2012, Nashville, TN, USA (Dawant BM, Christensen GE, Fitzpatrick JM, Rueckert D)
Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), vol. 7359
- WBIR 2014
- 6th International Workshop on Biomedical Image Registration
July 7-8, 2014, London, UK (Ourselin S, Modat M)
Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), vol. 8545
- WBIR 2016
- 7th International Workshop on Biomedical Image Registration
(in conjunction with the IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, CVPR)
July 1, 2016, Las Vegas, NV, USA (Schnabel JA, Mori K, Glocker B, Heinrich M)
- WBIR 2018
- 8th International Workshop on Biomedical Image Registration
June 28-29, 2018, Leiden, The Netherlands (Klein S, Staring M, Durrleman S, Sommer SH)
Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), vol. 10883
- WBIR 2020
- 9th International Workshop on Biomedical Image Registration
We hope to see you in Portorož, Slovenia, on June 16 and 17, 2020!
Flyers and presentations for download: