Summary of the WBIR2020 meeting
due to Covid-19 pandemic we unfortunately could not meet in person in Portorož, Slovenia, as originally planned. Therefore, the WBIR2020 was held as an online meeting on December 2, 2020, from 12:00 to 18:00 CET using the Zoom platform.
The online meeting was open and free for anyone to attend and more than 400 attendees have registered. During the meeting Prof. Dr. Sebastien Ourselin from King's College London spoke about creating an inclusive and integrative environment for translating medical imaging research into real-world clinical applications. Prof. Dr. Mattias Heinrich from University of Lübeck reviewed image registration approaches based on deep learning and presented current advances, pitfalls and remaining challenges (slides). In oral sessions all the authors recapped their work in 2 min live pitches. The attendees sparked a lively discussion of the presented works, which continued far after the formal meeting on the wonder.me platform.
We thank everybody involved very much, but especially to all the authors for sharing their work with us, and the program and awards committees, reviewers, session chairs, and keynote speakers who graciously invested their time. Congratulations again to the award winners and many thanks to our sponsors.
Did you miss the online meeting? You can catch up by checking the workshop program that includes pre-recorded 15 min video presentations of full papers. All accepted full papers were published in Springer's LNCS proceedings volume 12120. The accepted one-page abstracts can be downloaded as PDF proceedings.
Looking forward to seeing you all in person in future events,
11 December 2020
Keynote slides, graphical abstracts and pre-recorded 15 min video presentations of full papers are accessible from the workshop program.
Springer's LNCS proceedings
All accepted full papers are published as Springer's Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) proceedings volume 12120.
About LNCS volume 12120:
This book constitutes the refereed proceedings of the 9th International Workshop on Biomedical Image Registration, WBIR 2020, which was supposed to be held in Portorož, Slovenia, in June 2020. The conference was postponed to December 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The 16 full papers included in this volume were carefully reviewed and selected from 22 submitted papers. The papers are organized in the following topical sections: Registration initialization and acceleration, interventional registration, landmark based registration, multi-channel registration, and sliding motion.
LINK TO SPRINGER'S WEBSITE:
One-page abstracts PDF proceedings
All accepted one-page abstracts are published as PDF proceedings.
About one-page abstract PDF proceedings:
This non-indexed PDF e-book constitutes the one-page abstract proceedings of the 9th International Workshop on Biomedical Image Registration, WBIR 2020.
The 4 one-page abstracts included in the PDF proceedings underwent a light review by at least one member of the program committee and were selected from 6 submitted one-page abstracts.
Follow our news and stay up to date with the latest developments:
- Friday, December 11, 2020Did you miss the online meeting? See how you can catch up!Presentation videos of full papers, graphical abstracts and the keynote slides are posted online in the workshop program.
- Friday, December 11, 2020The awards winners were annouced at the meeting!Congratulations to the awards winners.
- Monday, November 23, 2020Video presentations are online, ready for viewing.The workshop program includes pre-recorded up to 15 min video presentations of full papers, which the prospective attendees are kindly invited to view prior to the meeting.
- Wednesday, November 11, 2020Four awards will be presented at WBIR2020.We will give out the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Best paper and Best video presentation awards. Winners will be announced at the end of the online meeting, so stay tuned.
- Wednesday, November 11, 2020Please submit intent to join the online meeting.This will help us ensure enough slots for all meeting participants. Submit your intent to join here.
- Wednesday, November 4, 2020We meet on December 2, 2020, from 12:00 to 18:00 CET using Zoom!We will carry out the meeting on the December 2, 2020, from 12:00 to 18:00 CET using the Zoom platform.
- Monday, October 26, 2020WBIR 2020 becomes an online meeting.Due to Covid-19 pandemic we will unfortunately not be able to meet in person in Portorož and thus WBIR2020 will be held as an online meeting.
- Monday, October 26, 2020One-page abstracts are published as PDF proceedings.One-page abstracts are published as PDF proceedings and can be downloaded here.
- Friday, September 4, 2020Extended Early registration and Reduced hotel rates deadlines!We are announcing the extension of the Early Registration deadline to 29 September, 2020, and the extension of the Reduced Hotel Rates to 19 October, 2020!
- Tuesday, June 16, 2020Open access to LNCS proceedings of WBIR2020 until end of July, 2020!
Follow the link https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-030-50120-4 to freely download the PDFs.
- Tuesday, June 9, 2020The Springer's LNCS proceedings of WBIR2020 are published online!
The Springer's LNCS proceedings of WBIR2020, volume 12120 are published online. We would like to thank all authors for their contributions and are looking forward to meeting you in Portorož!
- Monday, May 18, 2020We decided to reshedule the meeting to December 1 and 2, 2020, in Portorož, Slovenia.
We decided to reshedule the meeting to December 1 and 2, 2020, in Portorož, Slovenia. The workshop will be held in the Congress Centre Bernardin. We sincerely hope that the global situation will improve over time to permit us to host the meeting and that we will enjoy the WBIR2020 together.
- Monday, May 18, 2020Submission of one-page abstracts re-opened until August 7, 2020!
Submission of one-page abstracts has re-opened, see the corresponding submission guidelines. The deadline is August 7, 2020.
- Monday, Mar 2, 2020Professor Mattias Heinrich will give a keynote about image registration with deep learning!
Professor Mattias Heinrich from Institute of Medical Informatics at the University of Lübeck will talk about how to make deep learning work in medical image registration, current advances, pitfalls and remaining challenges. Find more info in the program.
- Tuesday, Feb 18, 2020Professor Seb Ourselin will give a keynote about translating medical imaging into the real-world!
Professor Seb Ourselin from King's College London will give a keynote about translating medical imaging into the real world. Find more info in the program.
- Thursday, Dec 19, 2019The COMULIS COST action will consider applications for travel grants from WBIR2020 participants!
The COMULIS COST action has an open call for conference grants and will consider travel grant applications from prospective WBIR2020 participants. Find additional information here.
Aims & Scope
The scientific program of WBIR 2020 is in your hands.
We invite submissions in all areas of biomedical image registration.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Novel registration methodology
- 2D/3D/4D, spatiotemporal/dynamic, pairwise / groupwise, slice-to-volume, projective, single/multi-modal, intra/inter-subject, model-based, patch-based, multi-channel, tracking
- Mathematical aspects of image registration
- continuous/discrete optimization, real-time, similarity measures, diffeomorphisms, LDDMM, stationary velocity, inverse consistency, multi-scale
- Machine learning and deep learning techniques for registration
- unsupervised / supervised / reinforcement learning, convolutional / recurrent / transformer networks, neural networks for feature extraction and matching, correspondence weighting and prediction, attention modeling, deformation learning, deep encoder-decoder networks
- Biomedical applications of registration
- computer-assisted interventions, image-guided therapy, treatment planning/delivery, diagnosis/prognosis, atlas-based segmentation, label fusion, histopathology correlation, serial studies, pathology detection and localization, morphometry, biomechanics, image retrieval/restoration/fusion, imaging biomarkers for precision medicine, radiomics & radiogenomics, early proofs of concept
- Validation of registration
- quantitative and qualitative methods, benchmarking, comparison studies, phantom studies, correlation to outcome, validation protocols and performance metrics, uncertainty estimation
All accepted full paper submissions will be published as a volume in the Springer's Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS).
Preceding editions of WBIR have been running mostly standalone as 2-day workshops:
- WBIR 1999
- 1st International Workshop on Biomedical Image Registration
Aug 30-31, 1999, Bled, Slovenia (Pernuš F, Kovačič S, Stiehl HS, Viergever MA)
Preface and Table of Contents
- WBIR 2003
- 2nd International Workshop on Biomedical Image Registration
June 23-24, 2003, Philadelphia, PA, USA (Gee JC, Maintz JBA, Vannier MW)
Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), vol. 2717
- WBIR 2006
- 3rd International Workshop on Biomedical Image Registration
July 9-11, 2006, Utrecht, The Netherlands (Pluim JPW, Likar B, Gerritsen FA)
Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), vol. 4057
- WBIR 2010
- 4th International Workshop on Biomedical Image Registration
July 11-13, 2010, Lübeck, Germany (Fischer B, Dawant BM, Lorenz C)
Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), vol. 6204
- WBIR 2012
- 5th International Workshop on Biomedical Image Registration
July 7-8, 2012, Nashville, TN, USA (Dawant BM, Christensen GE, Fitzpatrick JM, Rueckert D)
Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), vol. 7359
- WBIR 2014
- 6th International Workshop on Biomedical Image Registration
July 7-8, 2014, London, UK (Ourselin S, Modat M)
Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), vol. 8545
- WBIR 2016
- 7th International Workshop on Biomedical Image Registration
(in conjunction with the IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, CVPR)
July 1, 2016, Las Vegas, NV, USA (Schnabel JA, Mori K, Glocker B, Heinrich M)
- WBIR 2018
- 8th International Workshop on Biomedical Image Registration
June 28-29, 2018, Leiden, The Netherlands (Klein S, Staring M, Durrleman S, Sommer SH)
Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), vol. 10883
- WBIR 2020
- 9th International Workshop on Biomedical Image Registration
December 2, 2020, Zoom meeting (Spiclin Z, McClelland J, Kybic J, Goksel O)
Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), vol. 12120
Should you require more information, please do not hesitate to contact us through:
- One-page abstract PDF proceedings
- Graphical abstract template
One-page abstract .DOC template
- Copyright form
- Pre-filled Springer LNCS copyright form
- Low-resolution A4 promotional PDF flyer
High-resolution A4 promotional PDF flyer
- 4:3 promotional PPT slide
16:9 promotional PPT slide